Thursday, March 8, 2012

Samantha Morton, dons the character of Sola in the film John Carter. The film is releasing on 9th March, 2012 and will be dubbed in Hindi/Tamil/and Telegu in 3D.





Samantha Morton, dons the character of Sola in the film John Carter. The film is releasing on 9th March, 2012 and will be dubbed in Hindi/Tamil/and Telegu in 3D.



  1. Q: Your character ‘Sola’ faces many challenges and is a fighter in her own way. Would you agree with this?

I agree with this, she has great empathy however which makes her unique as a Thark.

  1. Q: How would describe your character ‘Sola’ in “John Carter”?
I would describe Sola as a gentle giant capable of so much loving thoughtful, strong, compassionate and vulnerable.
  1. Q: And how would you describe the film “John Carter”?
I would describe the film as an intelligent human film with honest integrity …..and of course a true epic.
  1. Q: How different is it to provide a voice and work with motion-capture as opposed to acting the role?
The only difference for me with motion capture was the head camera, used to capture every movement of my face.
  1. Q: What was it like working with such a talented cast? Willem Dafoe, Mark Strong, Ciaran Hinds, James Purefoy, Thomas Haden Church.
I was so excited to find out who I would be working alongside. I have huge respect for them all.
  1. Q: For someone of your stature who has earned acclaim, awards and nominations; a sci-fi action-adventure film like this seems an interesting choice. Can you tell us what attracted you to your role and the film?

My desire to play Sola and work on this film came from the same place as all my other roles, the Story, Director and the part were all just perfect for me.

  1. Q: Of all your movies, which is closest to your heart?
The Unloved.
  1. Q: As an English actress, how do you find Hollywood? Is it harder, easier or different?
I love working all over the world Hollywood is no different to me.

  1. Q: Have you ever seen any Indian films? If so, do you have a favorite?
Lots. The Apu Trilogy by Satyajit Ray is a particular favourite.
  1. Q: Would you ever consider acting in a Bollywood film?

No Brainer! I love India I’d be there in a heartbeat.



For further information please contact 
Atul Malikram 
9827092823 

No comments:

Post a Comment