Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Atif Aslam Captain – Team Pakistan





Atif Aslam
Captain – Team Pakistan


Not all of Pak is disturbed….
Singer Atif Aslam, who arrived in India last week, says his entire country isn’t going through bad times, will conduct auditions for the music reality show SUR-KSHETRA in Pakistan, believes people will turn up.



Atif Aslam, one of Pakistan's popular pop singers, arrived in Mumbai recently enroute from Muscat and who will conduct auditions for his team in Pakistani cities of Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad for Sahara One’s mega musical show, SUR-KSHETRA.

Atif will scout for six amateur Pakistani singers and mentor them to compete against Indian singers in a squad headed by composer-singer-actor Himesh Reshammiya in Sur- Kshetra, which airs on Sahara One from January 2012.

Given the current state of political unrest in the country, would he find takers for an Indian show? “Of course, I will,“says a confident Atif. “I live in Pakistan and the situation is not as exaggerated as you see on news clips. Not all of Pakistan is disturbed. Certain pockets are, but that's only a temporary phase and common to every country.“

The singer-composer points out that young boys freely bike around and play cricket on the streets in his country. There are regular stage shows, plays and concerts and people go to cinema halls to watch movies. “Most parts of the country are normal and I don't see the political unrest being a deterrent to my show. Pakistanis love music, I'm sure I'll find my talent,“ asserts Atif, who has recorded two songs for the forthcoming movie Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya starring soon-to-wed Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza.

The three-month-long musical show SUR-KSHETRA, the first on the channel in 2012, will be extensively shot in Dubai and have its finale in a European city. It is likely to be followed by at least two more shows.

Is it being shot abroad because of the visa problems dogging Pakistani actors and singers?“ Why should anyone have a problem about me working in India? I haven't done anything wrong. I'm an artist and not a troublemaker. The show has been designed in a way that we need to shoot in Dubai, it's the channel's decision,“he maintains. I just want my Pakistani kids to be part of their beautiful Indian brothers and sisters. I don’t think that’s asking for too much.


For further information please contact:
Atul Malikram
9827092823

No comments:

Post a Comment